Monday, April 25, 2011

Embracing Yourself

As a teenager I was bullied. As a child I was bullied. Now I roll my eyes or crack jokes because I don't have time for all of that. In my class a friend presented a topic about bullying. He asked if anyone was bullied in high school for being different. I was the only one to raise my hand out of 25 people. I think people are lying.
The strangest thing is that bullying has made me into what I am today. I pour out a confidence only God can take responsibility for these days. But back in the day, that bullying would drive me crazy.
So today, a person constantly being judged for my appearance, reached out and did something different. I wore my natural hair. And at first it gained too much attention. I didn't realize how important hair was until I went natural. Conversations about how I should wear my hair from people with straight hair, giving suggestions. Sensitive I am so you can imagine my shock from all the retarded attention towards hair. When my hair was shoulder length and straight there was no conversations only "ooh you're hair is so pretty."
Hmm. So I guess the purpose of this first post is to introduce myself as a blogger. I have been vlogging on youtube for over a  year. But I want to expand my message to women  like myself. Women that have been taught straight is great, and you will never be happy nappy ( i just wanted this to rhythm).
Going natural is helping me to embrace myself. I wish women could feel this liberated. LOL
Peace
STAY Beautiful
in2itgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment